July 05, 2023
Future Oxford Legacy Fund awards over $10,000 in grants to local not-for-profit organizations
Six grants were awarded this spring under the community development and support funding stream.
The Future Oxford Legacy Fund is announcing $10,500 in community grants for 2023 to develop new and sustainable community and regional opportunities that align with the Future Oxford Community Sustainability Plan.
Six grants were awarded this spring for not-for-profit projects under the community development and support funding stream.
- Community Options for Justice received $3,500 in grant money to increase access to mental health counselling for youth in conflict with the law.
- Huron Park Secondary School received $2,000 in funding for its Sustainability Challenge. Funding will help students bring their sustainable solution ideas to life at the annual Sustainability Fair.
- Norwich Chamber of Commerce used the $500 in grant funding to support a student career fair in Norwich.
- Tillsonburg BIA will use $500 in grant funding towards planning and implementation of a downtown tree canopy project that will increase tree planting and green space in the central business district.
- Tillsonburg Station Arts received $3,500 in grant funding to create a drop-in art zone for families and children.
- Why Not Us will use $500 in grant funding to partner with Oxford Caribbean Canadian Association, Community Employment Services, and local historian Heather Rennalls to offer the first Oxford County Culture and Heritage Conference.
Application to the Future Oxford Access to Capital (loans) funding stream is accepted year-round. This stream provides funding for entrepreneurial activities with an emphasis on youth opportunities, arts and culture, tourism, high-tech manufacturing, and green technology. Successful applicants, including private businesses, can receive financing of up to $100,000 through a repayable loan with flexible repayment terms.
Administered byCommunity Futures Oxford, the Future Oxford Legacy fund has been helping local businesses, entrepreneurs, and not-for-profit organizations with access to capital loans and grants since 2016. During this time $898,613 in loans and over $50,000 in grants have been dispersed, helping to create and maintain 203 local jobs. Find more information by visiting https://cfoxford.ca.
Social media and online content
Twitter: Future Oxford
Facebook: Future Oxford
About Future Oxford
Future Oxford: A Community Sustainability Plan is Oxford County’s plan for how we will sustain and grow community, environmental and economic resources to thrive together now and in the future. The plan is guided by volunteers and partners who are advancing the Future Oxford Community Sustainability Plan through collaboration, education and promotion. For more information and to read the Plan online, visit www.futureoxford.ca.
About Community Futures Oxford
Oxford Small Business Support Centre Inc.,operating asCommunity Futures Oxford,contributes to sustainable communities supported by economic stability, growth and job creation in Oxford County, enabled through diversified and competitive local economies. Community Futures Oxford operates as an independent non-profit organization and as such, is overseen by a volunteer board of directors.